1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Recommendation for a bra/ cover

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by Jim Caldwell, Sep 7, 2019.

1. Jim Caldwell

Jim Caldwell Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I need a quality bra for front end on 2010 Prius 3. eBay has one called LeBra for 78.00 plus 15.00 shipping. I have heard lots of stories about bras ordered that did not fit right!

2. Raytheeagle

Raytheeagle Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    I bought that for the front of our old 2010 many years ago (probably like 8) and it was a great fit :).

It worked well for taking the brunt of the agricultural trucks throwing stones:whistle:.

If you want a pic of what the hood looked like after having the bra on for 7 years, it’s hard to see a difference:

EGR Evangelist’s car receives a light clean-up and Optimum Gloss-Coat

My eye isn’t the most discerning, so maybe @The Critic would be able to speak to the difference between paint appearance ;).

Cheaper than a clear film application and more durable though(y).

3. Pluggo

Pluggo Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I have had a genuine Le Bra for 3 years. It still looks like new and it doesn't harm the underlying paint finish. The fit is excellent regarding lights, fog lamps, vents, even the pop-up headlight washers.

Raytheeagle likes this.
  4. Jim Caldwell

Jim Caldwell Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Ok....Le Bra it is.

Pluggo and Raytheeagle like this.
  5. Grit

Grit Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    On my highway portion of commute, there’s an even more OCD grill blocking person than I am driving a gen 4 with a thick bra covering completely both upper and lower intake grills. I’ll keep eyes on the local news and Cal Trans update for fireball rocketing on hwy.

6. ice9

ice9 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I have the same one. Love it, but you cannot leave it on when it gets wet.

A few of the clips in the front wheel wells CAN come loose if the bra isn't properly adjusted. However, if you're in a hurry when this happens, you can temporarily secure the clips in position in the wheel well with small pieces of black duct tape. You won't notice the black duct tape in the wheel well, so the bra will still look great on your car. Just don't forget to remove the duct tape when you remove the bra at destination. Removing old baked-on duct tape is no fun.