1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Removing ac blower. .

Discussion in 'Prime Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Al bick, Jul 9, 2022.

1. Al bick

Al bick New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Removed all screws, there is metal bracket holding two wire clips. Can't get motor assembly past this. A baby raccoon or chipmunk is stuck in fan blower. With Temps in high 90s it stinks.

2. pghyndman

pghyndman Active Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
  3. Salamander_King

Salamander_King Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Are you asking about Prius Prime? This is Prime thread, but your profile says you have a Prius C.

I don't know for Prius C, but for a PP, I read somewhere that in order to remove the Blower Assembly (part#: 87130-47290), you must remove the entire dash cover and evacuate the refrigerant lines. It might be possible to drop just the blower fan (shown by a red arrow in the diagram below) without removing the enture Assembly housing, but I have never attempted. I recently had a mouse infestation and some nesting activity on top of the cabin air filter. But luckily, my examination showed no sign of the mouse getting below the filter into the blower fan.

upload_2022-7-11_7-52-49.png

upload_2022-7-11_8-2-47.png

4. Boomer 2298

Boomer 2298 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    Sal,

I haven't been here in awhile but a tell tail squeaking when my hvac blower is running at low speeds indicates that I might as well get the part and get ready. What I didn't want to see was your comment about taking the dash out and removing the refrigerant. I actually have the equipment to do this but can not believe this is the only way. Also the fact that the blower motor from Toyota exceeds $600 (less on ebay assuming from China). Anyone else have any ideas on taking this out from below as in the older Prius models ?

5. Salamander_King

Salamander_King Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Good luck. As I said, I did not have to remove any part to deal with the mice problem I had on my PP. So, I don't have any experience in actually replacing the blower. In fact, I don't even have a car anymore. I traded it in for Escape PHEV ~1 month ago. Isn't your car still under warranty? I see you have a 21 PP.