1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Routine maintenance alarm ?

Discussion in 'Prime Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by niceandeasy, Aug 17, 2022.

1. niceandeasy

niceandeasy Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Hello,

I have a 2020 Prius Plug in for one year a love it. It's a fabulous vehicle.

I am located in Portugal, Europe, and here the routine maintenance is due every 15 000 km.

I think it can be too conservative as I do almost 50% of the distance pure electric only.

Do you know if some warning light or message appears on the dashboard to alert for a due maintenance check ?

In almost all my previous cars that was the case , so I wonder if that would happen also in the Prius Plug in if I spaced more the checks as at 15000-16000 km intervals no such warning ever occurred.

Thank you in advance

2. niceandeasy

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Forgot to add that I drive the Prius plug in a lot, having driven the car 30 000 km in the past year, so the 15 000 km intervals pass quite fast

3. Salamander_King

Salamander_King Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I am not sure how the EU model PP (aka Prius PHV) shows, but for US models, the maintenance required warning appears on the MID 5,000 miles since the last reset. This is strictly on miles base, so if one drives less than 10,000 miles/year, then oil should be changed at least once a year.

4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    n/a has always gotten a maintenance warning. hard to believe europe wouldn't. should be in the o/m

5. niceandeasy

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Thank you for the replies.

During to extra miles during this month I passed by around 1000 km the 15 000 Km mark between scheduled maintenance but nothing appeared so far as a light warning or message...that is curious and also one of the reasons for my posts. Nevertheless I am back from the holidays and already have scheduled a maintenance revision next week.
    I will pose this question in the garage and if something useful comes out I will post it here

Best wishes