1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

SARS-CoV-2 Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Discussion in 'Environmental Discussion' started by tochatihu, Jan 26, 2020.

1. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    even docs and other health care workers do not understand hippa

privilege likes this.
  2. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    nobbody even remembbers how to sppell it

privilege and fuzzy1 like this.
  3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    provincetown cluster up to 765, but still only 3 hospitalizations

however, total hospitalizations are creeping up daily in the state

4. T1 Terry

T1 Terry Active Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    We have a different Police system over here, each state has it's own Police force payed by the state govt and they take care of the border lockdowns. One clown who thought he could beat the system and was caught in Qld after travelling from the locked down NSW Sydney region, just coped a $10,000 fine for his trouble, we had two states stage unapproved protest rallies while the still in lock down and our facial recognition software used by all state police departments will be identifying them from CCVC images as well as social media camera footage, so I'm guessing there will be a few fines going out there as well for not wearing a mask outdoors and not staying in lock down in their local govt areas ..... some people have no sense, why would you film yourself and put it up on social media when you were breaking the law?

Anyway, yesterday and today, we had zero new cases in South Australia and we are back out of lockdown, gotta be happy with that eh :lol:

T1 Terry

5. privilege

privilege Active Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    sounds like a wonderful way to live. just check in with your govt each morning to find out if you can travel, work, play, vacation.

6. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Not too sure that the above quoted material necessarily settles the matter. Consider - from that same website;

7. ETC(SS)

ETC(SS) The OTHER One Percenter.....

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    We have a different history with lockdowns.

The best lockdowns are, as indicated above, comprehensive and limited in duration.
    "rip the bandage off quickly"
    However (comma!!) we have 52 wonderful variations on this theme and NONE of them have tumbled to the idea of a strict, two-week lockdown, followed by a return to normal.
    Example:
    Schools in my state didn't miss a day last year.
    I have a brother in another state whose kids didn't GO to school for a SINGLE day last year.
    This has led to a dramatic increase in things like home schooling and private schools.

Our individual states, counties, and cities each have police systems, but we have no national gendarme.
    Out state police almost exclusively only enforce traffic laws and fill out accident reports.
    Since Americans are very nearly the most clueless drivers on the planet, that's a full-time job!

Our Federal Bureau of Investigation was intended to be JUST an investigation agency but....mission creep, and now they principally concern themselves with high volume, high stakes or high profile interstate crime.
    As you've seen in the news....they're also players in political retribution - for both sides.

8. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    provincetown up to 833 cases, and 7 hospitalized

9. ETC(SS)

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    o_O
    Hmmm
    Sounds like the 1ppt failure rate is holding up.

Time to lock down the whole country....
    Declare martial law....
    Mandate Vaccines (while they're still experimental)

ALL....'unencumbered by evidence'......
    :sleep:

hill and privilege like this.
  10. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    i'd be curious to know the vax status of the infamous seven, and the age and condition of each, along with co morbidities

privilege likes this.
  11. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
  12. ETC(SS)

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Break-thru's are getting a little more buzz offshore, including some fairly interesting numbers from the Brits but in case anybody puts stock in the CDC these days, THEIR numbers on break-through cases are about 0.098%
    Not quite sure how they came up with that number (or the nearly 1:30,000 chance of DWV - or dying while vaccinated) but it is what it is.

If their numbers bear up then the vaccines are punching well above their rated weight in effectiveness here in the US, which is really too bad when you consider the appallingly bad sales pitch that states have given their vaccination programs.
    As stated above, my beloved company (unusually for a union shop) ACTUALLY has vaccination PERKS for their employees including PAID time off to get jabbed, and an absolution from masking, hexapod regs, and the ability to ride-share.

This sorta makes me wonder how many of the "breakthru" cases are people with false passports to appease the vaccination Karens.
    I just pulled up my COVID-19 Vaccination Record Card and I think it's about the easiest thing in the world to falsify given the dearth of details on the form.
    Maybe the lot # is included? (if that's what the FO5193 number signifies) but who is going to gum-shoe it out if I get a (maybe not false) positive test for the 'Rona?

Things that make you go hmmmmm.

13. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Life is not guaranteed. Most of life is a tradeoff between various risk.

Bob Wilson

14. ETC(SS)

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I wish somebody would share that concept a little further North and East of us.....

15. privilege

privilege Active Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    this Provincetown, MA ?

"Of the 833 cases, 501 of the infections are in Massachusetts residents, 210 of whom are Provincetown residents, according to Morse.

“The remainder of individuals who tested positive reside in other states,” Morse said in a statement.

According to the town manager, seven hospitalizations have been reported in connection with the cluster. Five occurred in-state, while two took place out-of state.

No deaths have been reported in connection with the outbreak, which has included individuals who are fully vaccinated.

"

source:
    Provincetown outbreak of COVID-19 rises to 833 cases

so it's really 5 hospitalizations in a town of 3000ish.
    looks a lot less scary now.

16. privilege

privilege Active Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    "most"

let's see those numbers of vaccinated folks that are infected, and what tests were used to label them as such

17. tochatihu

tochatihu Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
  18. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    yes, i was quoting the article of 7 hospitalizations, not just n state. sorry for the confusion.
    it was never really scary, unless you look at the concern that cases may lead to more variants

privilege likes this.
  19. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    privilege likes this.
  20. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I've been thinking that maybe if you wanted to do the most efficient job of breeding better/stronger/faster/vaccine-evading 'vids, you would really want to arrange for a bunch of vaccinated and unvaccinated individuals to share space a lot without transmission-reducing measures.

You can use a bunch of unvaccinated individuals to breed lots of 'vids, that works and they'll replicate like mad but in such an easy selective environment that they don't have to improve much.

In contrast, growing virus in vaccinated individuals should be a much better way of developing improved vaccine-evading strains of virus. But the trouble is the vaccines are 80+% effective at preventing infection, so you've got to work five times as hard at exposing those vaccinated individuals just to get them into the virus-growing biz.

So maybe the combination really is the best way to do it. You use your unvaccinated folks to grow staggering amounts of mediocre unimproved virus and surround the vaccinated folks with it, so as to maximize the vaccinated folks' participation in improving it.

Or is there a better way I haven't thought of?

fuzzy1 likes this.