1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Self-locking doors

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by greasy, Oct 17, 2021.

1. greasy

greasy Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi -

Searching on the topic, people say the Prius doesn't have self-locking doors, but mine sure does! I learned the hard way when it locked me out. The key was sitting on the seat when I stepped outside, and the door closed itself, and there I was.

I've since noticed that the car automatically locks itself if I enter, but don't start it right away. I now ensure that the key is on my person if I get out of the car, but I'd really like to disable this feature. Any hints?

Thanks...

2. SFO

SFO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Look into switching things around by using Techstream.

3. DutchPrius

DutchPrius Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I would really like to turn it on, had it on in all of my previous cars. When I leave the keys in (one of the cup holders), the car starts beeping when I go out. Hard to ignore to be honest...

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-A515F met Tapatalk

4. Another

Another Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
  5. Another

Another Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
  6. dolj

dolj Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    It is not helpful to refer people to post in other forums. If you don't know the answer just say nothing.

Those Gen 3 posts refer to a feature not present on the Gen 2.

As to the original question, I didn't know that Gen 2's did that, mine certainly doesn't. It will relock if remotely unlocked and no door is opened within 30 (or 45) seconds. Is it possible the door open is not detected, therefore is unaware you have got in or out and so relocks the door?

The car shouldn't lock either if a key is inside the car, but there are reports of this happening so not sure why that is. I know that that does work as my wife often leaves her handbag with the other fob in it in the car and when she does that I can't lock the car by pressing the door pad.

#6 dolj, Oct 17, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2021
  7. sam spade 2

sam spade 2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Sometimes it is very helpful.
    Just not in this specific case.

8. pasadena_commut

pasadena_commut Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I suspect that the "won't lock if the key is in the car" behavior, as in, fob on the seat, but not in the slot, does not apply to the base model. In techstream there is an "autolock" setting. It must be set to on (or I think it was "on in so many seconds") in the OP's car. It is off in my base model car, and the alarm is on, and the doors definitely do not autolock.

9. dolj

dolj Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Yes, you are correct but it applies to SKS cars also if you use the fob to remotely lock the car. If you use the remote to lock the car, for both non-SKS and SKS, it will lock the other fob in the car if it is left in the car.
    Yes, that is correct. This setting's options are OFF/30s/60s and are for the feature I mentioned previously. When the car is unlocked with the remote and a door is not opened after the set time (30 secs or 60 secs) it will lock the car again.

The feature that locks the car when you take the car either out of P or when it reaches 12 mph and then unlocks the car when you stop and put it in P is not an option on the Gen 2 Prius.

#9 dolj, Oct 18, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2021
  10. Another

Another Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    It’s actually more unhelpful to tell people what they should be reading.
    If you don’t have anything useful to say, just say nothing.