1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Setting for Automated Car Wash

Discussion in 'Prime Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by psoque, Sep 5, 2017.

1. psoque

psoque Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Is there a good setting (which features to turn off on the car) when going through the automated car wash? When we did this recently, all of the sensors went off and we did not like it. All of the sensors went off and car warned us of impending doom.

Also, is there a particular type(s) of car washes (other than good old human kind) that would be less of a hassle for this car with sensors?

Or should I just take some "happy pills" before the car wash?

2. dalcon95

dalcon95 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Mark57 and priuscatprimeguy like this.
  3. priuscatprimeguy

priuscatprimeguy Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    The only issue I have with car washes is I forget to turn off the automatic windshield wiper. Once the wiper begins to wipe I then say oops, then turn it off, lol

dalcon95 likes this.
  4. Can you search around your area for one of those park-it touchless car washes where there's a big machine that just all of the way around and you don't need to worry about keeping the car on a track that moves it forward? That's the kind of car wash that I would use, and then you can turn the car completely off. Or just use a hose.

Mendel Leisk likes this.
  5. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Yeah our dealership has that style of carwash: cars drive in and stop. Then a big frame with all the brushes and sprays passes along the length of the car. Much better, no need for the car to be on.

Still, DIY handwashing the car at least occasionally is good, more thorough, and you'll find the scratches/dents/whatever, can fix them before they start rustting.