1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Show me your most subtle phone mount setup

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by 1stPriusLA, Mar 27, 2018.

Tags:
  1. 1stPriusLA

1stPriusLA Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    Hi guys. I use Waze everyday and have been reluctant to purchase a good phone mount. I find most to be obstructive of either my nav screen, my AC vents or my windshield. I’m looking for something subtle that works well in our prius setup. Thx for any recommendations.

2. bobthejedi

bobthejedi Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Check out my setup here

QI Receiver for an iPhone that works in a Prius?

I used Sugru to adhere it to my dash, I don't know if it'll leave residue or not, but its stayed like this since I've put it in!

I think its a decent location, the pic makes it look like its blocking, but from drivers position I can see everything clearly

3. GasperG

GasperG Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
  4. GasperG

GasperG Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I admit that air vent clips are not that "solid", I remember that like 7 years ago I bought Pro Clip that fits directly to the chosen car, but I would not bother to buy separate bulky phone holder for it but instead glue a magnet on or even better a QI charger magnet.

5. aforkosh

aforkosh Active Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    Limited
    I recently got an iOttie CD Slot Mount. It is easy to remove and store when not in use. A phone on the mount does obscure the nav screen, but it's no big deal when I'm actually using the phone for navigation. The one time this is a problem is when the rear camera is being used. However, it only requires one hand to snap the phone in or out of the mount, so it's not a real issue. I'm using it with an iPhone X and I only need to glance quickly at the phone to unlock it once it is on the mount.

RCO likes this.