1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Simple Plug n Play Fog Lights For C Models 1 and 2

Discussion in 'Prius c Accessories and Modifications' started by WD0AFQ, Jan 12, 2013.

1. WD0AFQ

WD0AFQ Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    There is a thread on this subject. It is quite long. I read about 5 pages before finding what I wanted to know. TxTkd found the lights for 149.95 with everything included.

Toyota of McDonough Parts — 00016-47160 Toyota Prius C Fog Light Kit

I have ordered the kit. It has its own switch that mounts in a "knock out" hole on the dash. They also have the instructions posted online. We placed our order last night and hope to have the kit by the end of the week. When the weather permits, they will be installed out in my driveway. Hope to take photos and will post them, should anyone be interested. There are photos posted in the online instructions that may answer any and all questions so no need to duplicate unless we run into a problem.
    This kit is not the one the guys are hooking up to the stock "post" switch, but I see no reason why they could not be. I just wanted to dig this information out of the longer thread for those that might want the 150.00 kit. There are posts in the other thread on these lights. Some have installed them and everything seems to be as advertized. Some are modifying the light switch so the lights work different. I just wanted to have the information in a place so we don't need to dig it out or take over the other thread.
    Dan

2. WD0AFQ

WD0AFQ Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
  3. WD0AFQ

WD0AFQ Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Mine came in today. Now for a warm day in January to get them installed.
    Dan

4. WD0AFQ

WD0AFQ Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    A warm day in January.
    Dan 100_0824 (Medium).JPG

Netineti, CMJAnew and TxTkd like this.
  5. WD0AFQ

WD0AFQ Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Second warm day in January, got the things all wired up. I had a problem pushing the 3 wires through the hood release grommet. I cut it 3 times. Finally pulled the third wire through after I had the other two so I could tug from inside. It is very difficult to choose the correct pink and purple wires from the harness. I finally chose mine by using the online pictures in the instructions from the company. Zoomed them several times and wore my glasses. There is no way to pick the right wires from the black and white pictures in the paper instructions. Everything else was straight forward and simple. Just follow the instructions. Easy, easy, easy. This is a good price for the kit and you can install them in a couple of hours. I took much longer but I am old and did not jack the car up nor pull the plastic fender liners. I appreciate the other thread listing the Toyota dealer that sells these for 159.95.
    Dan

6. tahoeRon

tahoeRon Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I got the fog lights installed in the bumper today. It wasn't as easy as I expected because I didn't jack the car up and the working area is cramped. Took me a couple hours to get everything right. While in there, I removed the noise maker (pedestrian warning sound maker), and put silvered bulbs in the turn signals.

I think it's crazy to run all the kit wire when the connectors are right there for the fogs. The solution offered by kwhubby in the thread "C Foglights" is much cleaner. I cannot see why this wasn't in the kit design. In another day or so I'll hook up the dash switch. Another thing I like about this solution is the ability to use the fogs without the low beams on.

7. WD0AFQ

WD0AFQ Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Ron, I saw the connectors for the fog lights coming out of the harness. I also read the above mentioned thread. I just liked the ease of installation of the kit. Wiring was easy once I got the wires through the firewall grommet. Did not have to remove all the stuff mentioned in the instructions to run the harness. Ran the back seat harness to the battery first but hooked it to the battery last. I like the fact that I can just leave the fog light switch on and they won't come on til I hit the headlights. I realize others will want to opt for different configurations on the wiring but I am happy the way I have them set up. Would not be hard to make them work without the headlights. I think a jumper and a couple of diodes would do it. Or, could unhook the pink and purple wire and connect to the park lights I guess.
    Actually running the harness to the lights was easy.
    Thanks for your comments.
    Dan

8. B2FiNiTY

B2FiNiTY Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    that looks really great!

9. WD0AFQ

WD0AFQ Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I have not tried to aim them yet. May not need to, but they have adjusters. I noticed last night that they do flood the sides of the road with light, just the way they are. I like them. Well worth my money and time. Thanks for all those who have contributed to the other threads. I read every word, some several times. I did find myself wondering where all of the bolts went after taking the bottom panel loose. But, got them back. Not blocking the car up is a mistake, lots of feeling around.
    Dan

10. WD0AFQ

WD0AFQ Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    After a week of driving around locally, at night, I find that these lights are bright. Too bright to run in town on 2 lane streets. Now, bring on the fog.
    Dan

11. Ryan Case

Ryan Case Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Can anyone tell me the bulb type for this kit - I would like to order 6K LED fogs to put in and would prefer to order them ahead of time so they arrive on time.

Thanks!

12. WD0AFQ

WD0AFQ Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I don't know what they were but they are standard. I think the same ones I had in my Vibe gt. If you can't find out I will contact the place I bought mine and let you know. Too hard to pull and look. I would like to see your's when you change the bulbs. I will tell you these stock ones are bright and I dont use them in town.
    Dan

13. ztanos

ztanos All-around Geek!

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    5202 also known as the H16 bulb is standard for the PC fog lights.

14. WD0AFQ

WD0AFQ Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    There ya go. Fast and easy.
    Dan

15. ztanos

ztanos All-around Geek!

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
  16. WD0AFQ

WD0AFQ Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    That ain't cheatin. Its knowing where to look.
    Good job.
    Dan

17. Ryan Case

Ryan Case Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Sorry I was not intentionally lazy, I simply forgot that the PC4 has fog lights standard.

Thank you ztanos

ztanos likes this.
  18. ztanos

ztanos All-around Geek!

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Twas nothing honest... I've had that link for a long while now. :whistle:

19. TxTkd

TxTkd New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    These are the pictures of the bulb from the kit. It labels photo1.JPG photo2.JPG H11. I remembered reading somewhere that some light could potentially melt the fog light housing.

20. ztanos

ztanos All-around Geek!

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    H11 is the headlight bulb. This kit must use a different bulb than the factory.