1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Songs Skip During ipod Classic USB Playback

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Deadstar, Nov 24, 2015.

1. Deadstar

Deadstar New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I found a few threads on this forum talking about skipping problems with ipods. Has there been a fix for this yet? I have a 2012 Prius Three and an ipod classic 80 gb from 2006. I'm not able to use voice commands because it says that the ipod is still syncing. If I play a song it will pause for 1-2 seconds randomly during the song, maybe 1-3 times per song. It's extremely annoying. It doesn't matter if I'm driving slow, fast or parked.

Would a newer ipod classic or ipod touch fix this issue? I have tried my 8 gb nano and it works fine, no skips using the same cable. I have not tried swapping the cable and testing the 80 gb. Are there are large ipods that work skip free on my model?

I have read that you can update the entune software. I am not sure if I am on the latest version, I will have to check. But has that fixed the issues for anyone? I'm hoping someone has my same issue but that they figured out how to fix it.

2. Imaginex20

Imaginex20 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I have the same problem with the iPod classic/video. Quite frequently the songs will skip like a scratched cd. It does it with a USB stick too. I have the latest version of Entune 5.1

3. Deadstar

Deadstar New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
  4. Imaginex20

Imaginex20 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
  5. AzWxGuy

AzWxGuy Weather Guy

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius
    Model:
    Limited
    I only have the JBL system so I don't know anything about Entune. I do have an iPod Classic 80Gb that I have recently retired because I think the hard drive is on its way out. Troubles syncing up with iTunes. I suppose hard drive problems could be causing the skipping issues also. These things do wear out after a while. There is a button chicken dance to check the internal status of your iPod. Don't recall the procedure at the moment, but can be searched.

6. Imaginex20

Imaginex20 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    My iPod works fine in my other cars. It's not the iPod.