1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Techstream retrieving operational history report

Discussion in 'Prime Technical Discussion' started by Tom B, Aug 16, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Tom B

Tom B Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    I would like to be sure that when using what Toyota calls “techstream lite” that it is possible to retrieve “operation history reports” which are events with dates. The dealer did this for me and I am attaching the screen.
    Techstream lite refers to techstream software and the mongoose approved cable. I want to verify that techstream “lite” would not mean this feature is not included.

Also is there a way to submit product defects to Toyota? On 8/8 and 8/9 my Toyota factory alarm went off for no reason and you can see that event does not show up in the report. The checked items are my own artificial tests if the alarm which do show up. You will notice before 8/8 log entries are screwed up. The key cycle is random and should have been monotonically increasing as it does properly from 8/9 to 8/10. This is prius Prime 2017 premium model.
    176C21D7-31BA-4958-B0CB-ED746D068D8A.jpeg

2. Elektroingenieur

Elektroingenieur Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    Yes, I’ve done this with the Techstream Lite kit I bought. “Lite” in the name just means the kit doesn’t include a notebook PC, only the Mongoose cable and optional subscription.

As far as I know, the Techstream software available to the public includes all of the features described in the Repair Manual series (more info), except for the ability to completely reset a Smart Key system with no working keys, which is part of the Security Professional subscription for registered locksmiths only.

I believe the dates and times for the events are calculated by the PC, by the way, by adding the difference between the current date and time and the current elapsed time to the elapsed time of each event.
    You can write to Toyota directly, of course, or ask your dealer to submit a Dealer Product Report.

3. Tom B

Tom B Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    Yes I see the function in the repair manual.
    If I pay for the diagnostic subscription and I download the software, do you have any idea if this function will still work?
    I can understand they may prevent downloading ECM firmware but I am wondering if I can do anyth8ng after the two days of subscription.