1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Things that still annoy me after 9 months...

Discussion in 'Prius v Main Forum' started by Northernguy, May 10, 2013.

1. Northernguy

Northernguy Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I should be over a few of these following things by now, but a few things keep "eating away" at me such as: Why they put turn signals on the side mirrors of the cheaper Prius c but not on my Prius v 5? And speaking of my v5....what a stupid name for a vehicle; plus I have to put up with the guy that keeps posting about how you have to use the lower case v. Entune...hate it. Doesn't work with our phone, so it's useless. And what about Sirius radio? I paid $30,000 for a car and Toyota can't afford to throw in Sirius for a couple of years? And after paying that much for my Prius; couldn't they give me a better steering wheel than the cheap rubber looking thing; and yes, I know they changed it for 2013......guess I should have waited. Last but not least; someone should tell Toyota to put those three switches EV, ECO,POWER somewhere away from a cup holder. I would love the power switch on the steering wheel, as I use it all the time when entering the freeway. That's it for now....thanks for putting up with my little rant.

raja likes this.
  2. PLSPUSH

PLSPUSH Active Member

I looked down to find the pwr switch yesterday and was half way off the road before I found it and looked back up.......but for me it will always be the uncomfortable drivers seat!!!!

3. boppo

boppo Active Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    II
    What do u like about your v?

4. PLSPUSH

PLSPUSH Active Member

everything else

5. schinia

schinia Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    are you going to try and second guess toyota? forget it. maybe in the future someone will wise up.

6. Northernguy

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Sometimes just complaining about the things that bug me are enough. Don't think a car manufacturer will ever make a car that's perfect for everyone; but when things are obviously stupid, like the power switch location or heated seat location, then I guess it's time to speak up. We've got to keep them on their toes.;-)

PLSPUSH likes this.
  7. jhinsc

jhinsc Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I wondered why the Liftback Four and Five have a power driver's seat, yet the v 5 doesn't? I would have liked a v 4 option as well.

Northernguy likes this.
  8. 1911Tex

1911Tex Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    If that is all that aggrivates you.......that's good news! Never had a car, house, etc., that was not absolutely perfect.

9. umichioe

umichioe Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    The cloth armrest is the most annoying thing. I hope toyota fix this with a softex one in 2014 and I will swap it out.

I got used to or fixed most other little issues.

raja likes this.
  10. jonb505

jonb505 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    N/A
    The lack of signal mirrors baffles me as well, along with no power adjustable seat option. I almost went with the liftback with ATP just to get the power seats but it cost a fair bit more than the v with softex seats so the v it was for me, the extra room doesn't hurt either. Happy to report the seats are great, who knows the liftback might have better/worse for driving comfort, i'll probably never know. I found the v seats a little uncomfortable on long trips at first but i think i've finally found a good driving position which lets me cruise comfortably now for 4-5 hours, no back aches. :cool:

PLSPUSH likes this.
  11. cycledrum

cycledrum PSOCSOASP

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    amen brother. What were they thinking making the texture rough? Don't need rough texture to get grip, geeez.

Tell you what though, I bought a Wheelskins cover out of Berkeley (sorry PC shop, but I live 20 miles south of Berkeley), put the time in to lace it. Although it's a cover and although it bunches a bit around the spokes, the feel is Xquisite. No lie, I've nothing to gain from plugging Wheelskins. Great modification, highly recommend.

When looking at pics of Wheelskins, I wondered if I'd trip out over how it covers the silver trim pieces. pffft. no way. I would do the mod over in a heartbeat.

Your other option would be to buy an aftermarket wheel out of Japan like Silk Blaze, JDM piano black. search it out here.

12. Sergiospl

Sergiospl Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Prius v
    Prius c
    Model S
    Model X
    2012 Acura tsx = 3 months of XM/Sirius

When I look at the Summary of proposed improvements for future year/versions of Prius, I wonder how much it is going to cost. Summary of proposed improvements for future versions of Prius | PriusChat

parnami likes this.
  13. syscon

syscon Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Why would you want power adjustable seat?
    Power adjustable seats would be very slow, especially putting the front seat in recline position. With manual setting, just lifting one bar and the set is down about 1sec.; how long would it take to recline the seats by pressing the button?
    Not to mention it is prone to break after a period of time and most likely your ignition need to be in 1st position.

If they ever introduced standard power adjustable sets I would never buy it :-/

14. Northernguy

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    OK, maybe I went a little crazy about the "texture" on the steering wheel, but I see you also changed yours, so you now have an exquisite feeling wheel. I yearn for that kind of feel, but don't know if I want to take the time to do all that lace work; heard it was kind of time consuming. Speaking of cheap looking.......that crappy black cloth on the arm rest was the first thing I replaced with gray vinyl purchased from the Prius web site. It looks much better and has more padding than the original cover. I have no idea what they were thinking on that one.

15. Lee Bridges

Lee Bridges Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    A 2K+ mile road trip left me with several irritants, but none larger than the difference in height between the door arm rest and the center console rest.

16. rcturner

rcturner Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five

Nothing here is any different from the day you bought the car. The way you could have made your point would have been to not purchase the car.

17. PLSPUSH

PLSPUSH Active Member

some things you can't figure out untill you have owned the car awhile, for me the seats didn't bother me on either of the 2 test drives and still didn't until a couple of weeks of ownership

Northernguy likes this.
  18. jonb505

jonb505 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    N/A
    You have a point. Never really thought about it too much but the one advantage i can forsee is being able to fine tune the adjustment while driving. As it is, i have to set it while parked then start driving and hope its comfortable, if not make adjustments next time i stop, much easier to get a comfortable seat position with power option.
    That aside i probably would never purchase with the power seat option either as it would likely be way outside my budget, the luxury package v i have is stretching the finances as it is. :confused:

19. jonb505

jonb505 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    N/A
    I suppose seats are like shoes, its a personal love/hate thing. Decided to go test drive a liftback today, got a crazy idea in my head to maybe trade in my v for a base model liftback to save some money on payments and a little on fuel as I don't really need all the extra space in the v. I sat in a base model liftback in the showroom and it felt great, fit me like a glove. took one for a test drive and not so good. :( immediately noticed lower back pain on the test drive that didn't go away with any sort of seat adjustment. The adjustable lumbar on my v is wonderful. after getting back in my v and driving home it was a welcome relief, changed my mind on the trade in, no matter the extra cost of owning the v. I think of all the prius family the v has the best seats, but thats just me.

Northernguy likes this.
  20. schinia

schinia Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five

are you kidding! the difference is night and day. my father, rest his soul. always said he didn't need power windows, unless his arm was broken. (he also didn't need air cond in his house, new furniture, tv, refrig, washer, dryer, roof shingles, or anything else that wore out long before 40 years.) until the last few years of his life he felt he had to replace everything! i think if you have the means, do try to make your life a little more enjoyable before it's too late.

Northernguy and PLSPUSH like this.