1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Tips to disable beeps for back-up and front passenger seat?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Technical Discussion' started by Lars, Jul 4, 2009.

1. 2011priusMIke

2011priusMIke Usually tinkering w/something.

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    My Dealer changed the backup beeps to a single beep and set all doors to unlock via drivers door handle, at the second 10K (15K?) mileage service as part of the service (N/C).

Royal Palm Toyota did this with no hesitation. Good dealer!

2. TheTexican

TheTexican New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I disabled the beeper myself physically, without any software changes via the dealership or obd tool.

I figured the sensor must be within the latch and either a switch or mechanism that completes a circuit. In actuality it appears to be something more complex and because of the limited maneuverability of the latch between the seat and console I really couldn't examine as much as i had liked.

Regardless, I popped the plastic cover off enclosure just below the latch and found a circuit board with a metallic circuit board that senses when the belt has been inserted. I disabled the beeping and dash warning indicator by simply flipping the circuit board around and replacing the plastic cover. No more beeps when the seatbelt is not worn. I have reservations about doing the same to the passenger side belt since the airbag is sensor is somehow related. anyway, thought id pass it along for others whose dealerships refuse to disable it.

Caveat- Doing so caused a few sporadic single beeps within the first few miles driving, but it then ceased and never returned in the two years since doing so.

Read more: Seat Belt Beeping | PriusChat

3. PriusInParadise

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Nevermind... antihistamines messing with me.
    Sorry.

4. texasboy77904

texasboy77904 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    That reverse beeping was killin me. I called three different toyota dealerships this morning all within 15 mins of my house. So I called each one for the price to move the ongoing reverse beeping to one single beep. One dealership said $20 and it would take 45 mins to and hour :ROFLMAO: . One never called back. Third one set and appoinment this afternoon, took 12 mins, and it was free :D. Thank you Ron Carter Toyota of Alvin,TX for giving me peace with only one reverse beep. Really nice folks and would highly recomend them.