1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Toyota Dealers' Compensation from Toyota vs Customer's Price

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by stevepea, May 14, 2020.

1. ETC(SS)

ETC(SS) The OTHER One Percenter.....

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    You would have to look at the mice-type in the warranty.

OEM batteries are only warrantied for a specific period, and my finely-honed senses are telling me that it’s not 3 years and that the warranty might be “pro-rated” if it is- but all of this is spec-u-guessing,
    USUALLY people that buy the OEM extended warranty do not get extended coverage on 12v batteries because these items....like tires, brakes, filters and such are considered to be ‘wear’ items.

EDIT: OTOH...I just happed to have the “Limited Warranty and Owner Assistance Information” book from a car that I just bought (GMC) and according to the mice-type my battery IS covered for 3/36 (maybe) but I’m operating in reduced caffeine mode presently and haven’t really done a deep dive on the paperwork.

YMMV

#21 ETC(SS), May 16, 2020
    Last edited: May 16, 2020
  2. Elektroingenieur

Elektroingenieur Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    That’s not quite what they’d get at Toyota dealers in the U.S., which generally sell locally-sourced, twelve-volt batteries under Toyota’s TrueStart and True-2 brands. In practice, these are equivalent to the batteries installed at the assembly plants, of course—but so are most of the aftermarket batteries.
    No. For TrueStart twelve-volt batteries, the Toyota warranty is prorated and is the same on batteries sold over the counter. True-2 batteries have shorter warranty periods.

3. Trollbait

Trollbait It's a D&D thing

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Assuming talking outside the car's bumper to bumper warranty, if it did, that would be reason for me not to get OEM.

The AC Delco factory battery in my then father's HHR had a bad cell, and was replaced under the bumper to bumper.