1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

TPMS and Toyota App

Discussion in 'Prime Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Mizman, Sep 17, 2021.

1. Mizman

Mizman New Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius PHV
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I recently had a tire with low pressure indicated on the Toyota phone app. It turned out, the tire on the app didn't correspond to the actual tire on the car. I'm wondering if there is a way to reset this. This would also need to be done after rotating the tires. I called Toyota care and they just said to bring it to the dealer. I did do a TPMS reset on the dashboard after rotating the tires but that didn't work.

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    can you post a pic of the app? up to now, toyota has never differentiated between tires, you had to figure it out for yourself

3. sam spade 2

sam spade 2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    I don't like giving answers like this but.......have you looked in your owners manual ??
    The dealership or any tire shop should be able to tell you how to do it.

4. Salamander_King

Salamander_King Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    As @bisco commented, PP's TPMS system does not have a location sensor. Each TPMS is registered to a slot (total of 4 slots) in ECU, but the car does not see the location of the tire. I have not installed Toyota App on my phone, so I don't know how it displays TPMS info on your phone. But, if the app is just reading TPMS info off ECU from slots 1, 2, 3, 4 and displaying them onto the diagram showing a car with 4 tires but the info is not corresponding to the correct location of the tire, then the only way all four tires will correspond to the location of tiers is to re-register the TPMS sensor in the order of display. If you have a TPMS tool, like Autel TS508 that can read and register the sensor, you can do it easily. It takes just a few minutes. You can do the same thing using TechStream, but will be a bit more complicated. Or, you can take your car to a tire shop and have them re-lean the TPMS in the correct order, but that will cost some money. And, you can ask the dealer to do the same but that will cost you a lot.

Of course, even if you set the info correctly once when you do the tire rotation and do not re-register the TMPS sensor, then the location info will be off again.

#4 Salamander_King, Sep 18, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2021