1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Trunk Handle Cover?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by Gurgatation, Nov 3, 2012.

1. Gurgatation

Gurgatation Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Does anyone know where I can find the rubber cover for handle on the trunk of a 2007 Prius? I went to a Toyota dealership and it seems that cover is part of a whole $190 assembly so I couldn't buy it separately there. This is the handle cover right above the license plate that will open the trunk.

The reason I need to replace it is because somehow that handle has become extremely sticky. Attempts to wash it off with soap or goo gone have failed. Anytime I go to open my trunk, my fingers get covered in sticky black residue from the handle. I have no idea what caused this. The stickiness seems to have permeated the entire rubber handle portion.

2. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
  3. Kailua Girl

Kailua Girl New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    I have the same problem with my 2007 Prius.....

4. HalBurke

HalBurke Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A

I had the same problem on my 2007 Prius. I have been reading about others having the same problem. The local dealer was going to charge a total of $165. He said that was $60 for the part and $100 for labor. I complained to the service manager and he agreed, much too quickly, i thought to split the price with me. I pay for the part and he paid for the labor....so i took it.

Semper fi

Hal