1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

TSS dash camera fogging up

Discussion in 'Prime Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Vavaq, Jan 31, 2020.

1. Vavaq

Vavaq Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Upgrade
    10AE5319-7D9C-4C58-96CB-56F3E57420A7.jpeg

my TSS dash camera is fogging up in wet weather. I leave in Vancouver BC and we have lots of wet weather. It happened couple times that my TSS cam was fogged up and I notice that one time I had a warring that i should clean the windshield other times it just feels like the Lane Assist is not working very well.

did anyone experience that ?
    Is it normal for fogging up ?

see the picture.
    Thx
    Vava

2. Salamander_King

Salamander_King Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Yes, that has happened more than a few times on mine. I just used the front defrost to dry it out. it is a temporary thing. That being said, I do remember a thread on auto high beam malfunction in which someone took the housing off of the forward-facing camera and cleaned the inside of the glass. I didn't feel that was necessary but if I find the thread, I will post it here for a reference.

EDIT: I found the comment on how to remove the forward-facing camera housing and clean inside by @liquidtenmillion.
    Automatic High Beams Not Functioning? | Page 3 | PriusChat

#2 Salamander_King, Jan 31, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2020
  3. MSantos

MSantos EcoAccelerometry

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Technology
    Yep.

Common winter-time issue in every recent vehicle I've owned.

The best remedy for me is to place a packet of desiccant in every nook and cranny inside the passenger cabin. This includes door pockets, under the seats, glove box, ... even one inside the overhead sunglass compartment and behind both A-pillars. I replace the packets every two or so years just to be sure. We buy bags of these on eBay or Amazon for less than $10 and sure beats having a sock filled with critter litter under the front passenger seats. :D

Cheers