1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Turn off auto-play feature of bluetooth ?

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Main Forum' started by DrMetal, Sep 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DrMetal

DrMetal Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    2018 Toyota Prius
    phone: Google Pixel 2

How do I turn off the auto-play feature of the blue tooth? Every time I get in the car and turn it on, the stereo automatically begins to play where I left off on my music app. Although I appreciate this, there are times when I don't want it to autoplay. I'd rather have the control of starting the audio myself.

I checked in the Bluetooth settings of the stereo system, no joy. Checked the features on my phone, no joy.

Any ideas? Thanks.

TheClassic likes this.
  2. dbf

dbf Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    There's another thread with a subject similar to this. It sounds like it's probably not the phone, but it's likely the way the car's sound system functions. I know I've had the same problem with my iPhone and my 2018 Prius Two. Here's a link to the other thread: STILL cannot turn off auto play music at startup | PriusChat

3. Salamander_King

Salamander_King Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Before you turn off your car, deselect Bluetooth from audio source. This should stop playing Bluetooth from your phone next time you start your car.

4. VTBIGDOG

VTBIGDOG Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    On my Android phone(s) I have to Force Stop the music app on my phone. Even if I am playing music files directly from my phone at power off, it will also resume playing if I don't Force Stop the music player.

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

5. Salamander_King

Salamander_King Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I have not tried with different phones, but for my Windows phone, if you connect the Car's audio source via Bluetooth, it remains active as long as Bluetooth is selected. Have you tried turning off the Bluetooth selection (either off completely or select another audio source)? For me, deselecting Bluetooth from audio source before turning off the car prevents playing Bluetooth audio next time you start the car. Try it.

6. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.