1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Upgrade Headlights from factory to factory?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by scottjm, Dec 26, 2017.

1. scottjm

scottjm Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    This is my first post, so direct me if this exists elsewhere.

I've been fascinated with HID / LED lights since they came out and I finally have a reason to replace my Halogens - one went out. I've been doing some limited research and have purchased a pair of OPT7 LED's, but it seems they're worse than the halogens I had (majority of the light seemed to be focused approx 10 feet in front of the vehicle).

I learned today that the 2010 Prius V had an option of LED self-leveling headlights. Is there any difference to the actual light assembly from the II that I have to the V or is it strictly the bulb?

I'm thinking of upgrading from my factory headlights to the V if there is a difference.

Dylan Doxey likes this.
  2. Prodigyplace

Prodigyplace Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    @sfv41901 may know for sure, but I think the v lights may be a different shape. There may be other circuitry needed too.

Dylan Doxey likes this.
  3. Kenny94945

Kenny94945 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Four
    I would like to know some info also.

My 2016 V has the standard headlights.

Yet, the 2016 V upgraded headlights (on the 5 version) are LED/HID or something, and the powers that be concluded that these upgraded lights are some of the best lighting of all vehicles and given best of class awards..

So plug and play housing assemblies?
    Toyota software needed to turn them on?
    What' s not included with the HL asm, ballasts for example?
    Brackets, wiring pig tails and misc retainers also needed?

I think the upgrade cost was $1500 from version 4 to v5 that included the headlights and other options.
    So $500 seems a reasonable entrance fee for this upgrade to me.

4. Prodigyplace

Prodigyplace Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    @Elektroingenieur may be able to give us some more information on this.

5. MagnusAG99

MagnusAG99 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Wait im confused... u wanna try and change out the Stock prius with the Pius V lights? thats not possible, they r not interchangeable.. And if u wanna change out the Prius V 2014 model lights with the 2017 then u will need a the new front bumper also it seems like. If u wanna change out the Halogen from the 2010 normal prius to the LED lights then that is possible. here is the priuschat link to someone who have done it with the normal prius LED Headlight Conversion | PriusChat

Im absolutely in love with the Prius G`s headlights tho, lol, to bad they r not LED (i dont think they r atleast)[​IMG]