1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Warning when braking hard or going around sharp curve

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by cattail722, Sep 8, 2016.

1. johnjohnchu

johnjohnchu Active Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
  2. edthefox5

edthefox5 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    yep...that and the oddest thing which is to go through the trouble of joining this site...then posting about an issue...before you even open the hood and check all the fluids. It blows me away. The car survives on gasoline and engine oil up to the full line. Any deviation in either costs alot of money and a huge hassle. Its pretty simple.

valde3 and johnjohnchu like this.
  3. The Electric Me

The Electric Me Go Speed Go!

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I would just say, if you have ANY place change your oil, you really should check the oil level yourself shortly after.
    Too many horror stories about service departments that forget plugs, caps or simply make mistakes.

IMO the "inspection sheet" that many dealership's provide when they are luring you into getting your credit card out to pay for their services, is not to be trusted. It's far too easy to print up a template sheet that suggests your vehicle has undergone a NASA pre-launch inspection, when the truth is probably more like "Intern Mechanic Tech Bob" was trying out his first Prius oil change.

I find the post service inspection sheet to mostly be a "warning" solicitation device for services the dealership wants to set you up for in the future.

But in any case, Mechanical novice or not, there are two things I think every owner of a vehicle should make sure they can do.
    Check their Oil Level.
    Check their Tire Pressure.

Neither are so difficult that it should be something a driver of vehicle cannot accomplish.

fuzzy1 and Coast Cruiser like this.