1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Welcome to the new PriusChat! Post your questions, bugs, suggestions here

Discussion in 'PriusChat Website Questions' started by Danny, May 30, 2012.

1. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Ah, that makes sense. I'm in the habit of first clicking the link button, and then pasting the link. I need to reverse my procedure.

Tom

2. 2009Prius

2009Prius A Wimpy DIYer

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Is there a multi-quote button somewhere that I fail to find? Thanks!

By the way I think the off-white background looks fine. Though the light gray bar at the top and the bottom could use a darker or more vivid color for enhanced contrast.

3. qbee42

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Just hit the reply button for each post you wish to quote. It will multi-quote automatically.

Tom

2009Prius and dustoff003 like this.
  4. WE0H

WE0H Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Using Android 4.xxx latest version on Asus Transformer Pad using the browser that came on it. The popup box for subscribe or share does not work on this OS :(

Mike

5. ProximalSuns

ProximalSuns Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Shows up in Safari on iPad same as ona PC. Can you get a different browser?

If you use Tapatalk, if you touch the comment a Share Popup comes up.

6. WE0H

WE0H Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I will see if I can install that browser and report back. I just bought this tablet yesterday so Android is a new OS for me to use :)

Mike

7. ProximalSuns

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I don't know if Apple's Safari will run on an Android but there might be a couple different browsers. They ALL work differently on ALL the tablets, it's just that the software guys design for most numerous first and that's the iPad's now for tablets.

I would get Tapatalk for the Android and see how that does. The Share shows up there when you touch the message.

8. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I doubt that Apple would want to bother developing Safari for Android.

Safari, Chrome and the browser on Android devices are all based on the The WebKit Open Source Project rendering engine. In fact most currently sold modern smartphones and tablets use Webkit (WebKit - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia). Symbian moved to them long ago. RIM does on their modern Blackberry phones and Playbook. Palm used it, but Palm's dead.

The odd man out is Microsoft...

9. WE0H

WE0H Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    No Safari for Android :( I tried Chrome beta but it is buggy at the moment so back to whatever this Android browser is. I run Tapatalk on my iPhone and will have to buy it for this tablet so I can run the forum correct. Oh well, at least I can do simple posts for now on this thing. Just cant quote anything with it being bone stock. I should root it so I have access to the good apps ;)

Thanks for the help.

Mike

10. ProximalSuns

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Tapatalk is probably the best bet. They provide support on Tapatalk.com. This forum uses XenForo software and there's a section on the forum for that and also one for Tapatalk for Android.

You can ask them there about what Tapatalk for Android/XenForo will do for you.

11. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    ^^^
    Seems odd that Google would release Chrome for Android - Beta . Maybe it gives them a playground/means for people to test out and give feedback on newer browser features w/o requiring an upgrade of the entire OS on a device (which may never come, depending on the device).

Again, Android's stock browser uses Webkit as its rendering engine, as do almost all other current smartphones and tablets. However, they all do send different user agent strings (you can see it via What Is My IP Address? - ifconfig.me) and can have different features and implementations of various things.

12. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    What about Bob (Wilson)? | Page 4 | PriusChat has a busted image.

Also, if I Google for site: priuschat.com you know you've been on priuschat too long (remove the space between the : and p), the links there yield.

edit: Same problem if I Google for site: priuschat.com help me find post cwerdna, then click on the link there. :(

Another:
    Code:
    http://priuschat.com/forums/freds-house-pancakes/87544-please-support-rule-change.html#post1225108
    is also hitting this. :(

13. qbee42

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Works for me. Perhaps it was a transient problem.

Tom

14. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    ^^^^
    Hmm, unfortunately Google search results for the last thing you quoted has changed.

What if you visit this URL?
    Code:
    http://priuschat.com/forums/freds-house-pancakes/87544-please-support-rule-change.html#post1225108
    Here are more that are broken in the same way. I really hope Danny can get this fixed ASAP.
    Code:
    http://priuschat.com/forums/gen-ii-prius-technical-discussion/89071-salvage-traction-battery.html#post1252078
    http://priuschat.com/forums/gen-ii-prius-technical-discussion/98930-2006-prius-battery-warranty-carb-state-2.html
    http://priuschat.com/forums/gen-iii-2010-prius-care-maintenance-troubleshooting/68778-2010-ii-12-volt-battery-dead-after-17-days-parking-2.html
    The above are from my bookmarks. I hope not all my old bookmarks are now busted.

15. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
  16. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Should be fixed now. PHP just had to be restarted for some reason.

I'm still trying to figure out how to get previously embedded attachments to show up.

17. cambridgehank

cambridgehank Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I am unable to download the picture I used on the old PC format. I get this message "
    Your avatar's file size is too large. Please upload an avatar no bigger than 19.5 KB."
    Not sure how to reduce the size of the avatar? I am on a Mac using Chrome. Thanks

18. qbee42

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I'm not sure I understand your question. From where do you want to download your picture?

It sounds to me more like you are trying to upload a picture to use as an avatar, and the size is too large. If that is the case, edit the photo in whatever image editing program you like to use. Any image editing program will have tools for sizing and cropping.

Tom

19. spwolf

spwolf Senior Member

sorry, but is there anyway to use old "skin" for the forums? this is all too annoying, with new software making it look drastically different and very annoying imho.

20. ProximalSuns

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Open the pic in Preview. Then open Tools or Edit and there is an option for editing the size of the picture. Save it with a new name and then use that for your avatar.

cambridgehank likes this.