1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Welcome to the new PriusChat! Post your questions, bugs, suggestions here

Discussion in 'PriusChat Website Questions' started by Danny, May 30, 2012.

1. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    When I click on "Prius" in the first header row, I see normal links followed by four "Text1" place holders?

Something left over or 'stay tuned for something new?'

It is not a bug as much as something curious.

Bob Wilson

2. ftl

ftl Explicator

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    I reported this back in post 367, and bumped it since then, but no response from Danny.

3. bobeast

bobeast Junior Member

I used to be able to watch an RSS feed for an individual forum. That appears to have gone away.

4. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Here's another case of busted image: Bluetooth port option - any experiences? | PriusChat.

Not sure if I should keep reporting them as I find them. If they're all the same issue, then it's probably a waste of time. If there are unique issues w/some of them, then perhaps it's not.

5. beanmat

beanmat New Member

Vehicle:
    2003 Prius
    Model:
    One
    how do l make an avatar
    I there a guide somewhere in prius chat to help newbies out ?

6. stream

stream Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    If you just want to use a pic (say of your car---as opposed to creating a custom avatar) you just upload it, under your user profile.

7. frodoz737

frodoz737 Top Wrench

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    So much better. Responsive, no lock-ups and works now. Good job Danny and thank you.

8. Ct. Ken V

Ct. Ken V Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Danny,

Since the format change I can't seem to find an easy way to find (ALL of) just my posts like the way I used to do by clicking on my name in the log in box (in the top black bar when already logged in). Using the "conversations" method only yields about 10 of my most recent posts (actually I think "conversations" looks more like where you do Private Mails to other members---but not sure).

And when I try the "search" method (whether I use "Search threads & posts" or "Search Everything"), I only get shown 142 posts (today) when I actually have made 465 posts (as of today). Where have the other 323 of mine gone? The same thing seems to have happened over at PriusOnLine where everybody can only find the most recent 500 of their posts, so some of our most very informative members have lost 6,500 of their best posts.

Is there a method that you can tell me to help me find ALL of my posts here?

Ken (in Bolton,Ct)

9. ftl

ftl Explicator

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    The link to all your posts is buried deep, but there are two ways to get to there:

1. Click on your name on any post, then in the pop-up window click on Profile Page. Then click on Postings, scroll to the bottom of the page, click on Find all content by xxx or Find all threads by xxx.

2. Alternatively, get to the profile page by hovering the mouse pointer over your name on the very top line of any page, then in the drop-down box click on either your name or the Your Profile Page link. From there, as above.

10. Ct. Ken V

Ct. Ken V Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    ftl,

Thanks for your response, but basically this is what I have already tried (though I didn't fully described it for you). Using both of your methods (exactly as you instructed) still only yields 142 posts by me (when I have actually made 465 of them). I wanted to check something in some of my very early ones, but they're not there any more. I wonder if they were archived & available by some other method, or if they just do not exist any more. That's why I was addressing this question to Danny (who still might be able to retrieve the older ones---it's his site).

You did see my comment about PriusOnLine towards the end of the 2nd paragraph, didn't you? The same thing happened over there when they changed formats. DanMan32 (who made over 7,000 posts) only has his latest 500 available & mrv (who made over 5,000 posts) only has her latest 500 available. There is a wealth of info from just those 2 prolific members that new buyers of the older generation used cars (for people who are just now getting involved in the hybrid movement) could make good use of (if that info could still be found there). Heck, they don't even have a member list any more. The original list stood between 27,000 & 28,000 actual members (though some of them admittedly inactive---but all with visible profiles) & that somehow miraculously changed to over 80,000 (claimed) overnight [with NO list & limited profiles (if you were lucky enough to find a post by that person to click on).

I was just wondering why both sites chose to eliminate so many of the great posts of the past. It's not like it should be a "room to grow" storage space issue , is it? While this site seems to be thriving, you're lucky if you see one or two new posts per month over at PriusOnLine (mostly due to a lack of moderators that allowed the spam to go rampant for a while). Most of their new posts are from a new vendor/sponsor there (Scosche) or from the new site owners (AutoGuide) themselves (& only providing pix & reviews of a new model car).

When I was appointed as a PiusOnLine moderator (unknowingly, & discovering by trial & error the new-found powers I had), I fought for 1 & 1/2 years trying to keep the site alive & spam free (once or twice a day---but sometimes missing a day) & in that time period I deleted over 6,000 spam posts & banned about 4,000 spammers & deleted their accounts (only to have some of them re-register a day or two later). When AG first took over (while still under Pete& Jeff's original format), the AG liaison claimed the original site was well protected against the spam, but I told her to take a look at the moderator's log (at all the spam that was being deleted almost on a daily basis) & still tell me that the site was well protected, NOT.

Now I'm listed there as a Super Moderator, but I seem to have lost some of the moderator powers, so I don't do anything there any more. Yet since the format change, things seem to be taking care of themselves pretty well---just NOT so well in the activity department.

Specifically for Danny : See my post #428

Anyway (now that I've rambled on for so long), Danny, what's up with all my missing 323 posts? Are all the earlier ones gone forever, or can the be recovered & accessed in some manner (instructions to be detailed by you)?

Ken (in Bolton,Ct)

11. beanmat

beanmat New Member

Vehicle:
    2003 Prius
    Model:
    One
    when l try to put a pic of my car as my avatar ,l get file file is to large what do l need to do ?

12. CookieGuru

CookieGuru Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Resize it

13. Bulle

Bulle Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    With the new Prius site, it seems impossible now to edit and save my post #1 anymore in Ottonavi HU: How to customize (a bit) the UI | PriusChat

I always get an error message that says:
    ***The following error occured: the server did not respond in time. Please try again.***
    It's quite a long post with many files; we use it as a FAQ.

May be there is a size limit or time limit on a post?
    Anybody experienced this before?

14. McLintock!

McLintock! New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    If you go to this link then you will see "Text1" repeated 4 times and it links to non-existent links.

15. tf4624

tf4624 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    has anyone had the issue of "sending message".. not talking about "start chat" with someone.

I notice if I use TAPATalk HD.. i can "send a message"...and the person actually got it and responded ..

but when i "start chat" here on the net though firefox/IE... there is no "Send message".. i send a messaage "Start Chat" but they don't seem to get the message or answer me..

16. kgall

kgall Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Danny,
    I hate to say this, but I feel like the old forum section was easier to read--less white space and less scrolling to get the same amount of reading material. I am using the "watched threads" feature and like that. Right now, the useful portion of my computer screen is well under half, and the amount of useful information about the posters is less.
    I haven't used some of the other new features, and I expect I will like them when I do.

17. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
  18. 2009Prius

2009Prius A Wimpy DIYer

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    I found image links to attachments are all broken. Links to photo albums or external links are OK. It seems that the new software changed the link names to the attached files. Why didn't it change the links automatically is beyond me.

19. David Beale

David Beale Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    I've waited a little while to see what's what. I like it Danny. It's clever in many ways. One thing I'm amazed about is that the bookmark in Firefox will show a tiny red number indicating "alerts", -before- I even go to this site.
    The only thing I haven't figured out yet is how to get the avatar picture to stay the same as the one I choose. It seems to resize or move it. But I'm getting to like the way it changed it anyway, so it's not that big an issue.

20. Fred_H

Fred_H Misoversimplifier

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Yes, completely destroys the look and the essential idea of mine. My Avatar now looks really stupid with the sides chopped off. Admittedly, it looked a bit odd to begin with, but cut up, it's just garbage.