1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Well.... my annual P0607 is back (Calling the Gurus)

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Technical Discussion' started by Bamapse, Jan 17, 2019.

1. Bamapse

Bamapse Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Since getting out 2013 Prius in April of 2017 I have had a check engine light come on 3 times (1 time each year) and each time, it was a P0607 code. The first time I replaced the 12v battery, reset codes, and didn't have any issues for about 2.5 months. It then did the exact same thing. I took it to the toyota dealer and they tested the 12c battery and did a full charge and bing, it was fixed. Now a year later, my check engine light is back on and accompanied by the trusted P0607. I just don't know what to do any more with this. I might just drive it into the lake for good fish cover?? But in all seriousness, here are some consistants for each time the light came on.

-Temp was between 35-45 degrees
    -Was raining every time it came on
    -Gas milage dove about 4-5 mpgs for a couple of weeks before the check engine light came on (I assumed it was winter gas each time because it has happened in Nov, January and now January again.

I have tried logging into techinfo with any luck once again and so if someone can send screenshots of that problem solving list, that would be incredible helpful. I am at a loss right now. I cleared the code and my wife will drive the prius again to see if it comes back on today.

Here are the past threads about the problem

1st time Check Engine ((!)) and ABS Lights on in 2013 Prius | Page 2 | PriusChat

2nd time Reoccurring Code on 2013 Prius p0607 | PriusChat

2. Bamapse

Bamapse Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Update, my wife made her 35miles drive to work and no check engine lights back on. Will keep updated as she drives more today

3. sam spade 2

sam spade 2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    You need to check the voltage at the battery while the car is "running" to be sure it is charging.
    Then check the connections at BOTH ends of the main battery cables.

What is the P0607 code supposed to indicate ?

4. cnc97

cnc97 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Three

This guy breaks it down in his video. End result is he did an “Italian Tune Up”. I’d replace the sensor, especially since this is the 3rd time the code has popped up. But this was the top google result when I googled the code of p0607 Prius.

Raytheeagle and m.wynn like this.
  5. ThebigK

ThebigK Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    Some identifix info for your code:

1. Verify that there is not a leak in the exhaust. Check the rear oxygen sensor.

2. In the scan tool data list, check the bank 1 sensor 2 impedance. This code can be caused if it is too high.

3. Check the ECM power and grounds.

100% of the confirmed fixes were "10 - Replaced Oxygen (O2) Sensor, Bank 1 Sensor 2"

Abraham Juarez likes this.
  6. Abraham Juarez

Abraham Juarez New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Might be super late to this lol but I have a 2010 Prius with a catalytic converter stolen and a P0607 code came up, and ofcourse the o2 sensor is gone, until I fix the cat and sensor the p0607 will be fixed huh?

7. Mr. F

Mr. F Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    P0607 is triggered when the ECM detects a fault either within its own processors or within the transistors (residing within the ECM) that supply power to the heated oxygen sensor.

One would first check if P0607 is also accompanied by either P0136/P0137/P0138, as either of those could be caused by (among other thinsg) a malfunctioning O2 sensor, or an open/short in the O2 sensor circuit.

If none of those codes are present, and there are no exhaust gas leaks between the exhaust manifold and the O2 sensor, replacing the sensor won't help because the problem is within the ECM.

Yep. That and P0136/P0137 will be there to stay until the cat and sensor are replaced. Naturally, you would also want to avoid driving with a missing cat.