1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

What have you done to your c today?

Discussion in 'Prius c Accessories and Modifications' started by kingnba6, Nov 21, 2013.

1. SamanthaC0716

SamanthaC0716 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    300mm

iPhone ?

2. Christophers

Christophers Active Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Nice I'm using a regular one, debating on upgrading to a blue.

3. cyeremian

cyeremian Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
  4. cyeremian

cyeremian Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Thanks for sharing. I need some better headlights for sure. Is it me or are the stock head lights a little dim? It's been raining a lot here lately and I got into an accident because I couldn't see very well in the dark, at night, with rain and poor overhead street lighting. I kinda went over an island. Couldn't see a thing! So embarrassed. Destroyed two rims, bent a front control arm, front strut, and put the car way out of alignment. Did something to the rear control arm too. Just got the car back, All damaged parts I listed have been replaced. Which included two new rims and a new tire. Really embarrassed. Long story short, I think I need fog lights or brighter head lights. I may just try Silver star bulbs first.

5. SamanthaC0716

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I found them dim and had HIDs installed within a month or so of ownership. I've considered going to LEDs but am far from convinced with all of the mixed feedback on them... And I mean in general, not just for our Prius c.

Get a nice set of 4300-5000k HIDs, and you'll be happy with the upgrade.

iPhone ?

6. SamanthaC0716

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Sorry about the accident! Good you didn't hit another car or a person.

I've scraped / hopped several curbs at night due to poor visibility. Are your windows tinted? I roll my front window down when making unfamiliar turns and just peek my head out to make sure I'm not missing anything. Are you lowered? That doesn't help, either... But ya gotta pay to play. I'll never drive a non-lowered, non-tinted car!

Glad that you're alright and that the car sounds like it's back in working order!

iPhone ?

cyeremian likes this.
  7. Elbrad

Elbrad Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Yeah, the LED's don't have the same distance that the HID's do. The only advantage is that the LED's are plug 'n' play, and they're nice and bright. Just not as much throw on the light as an HID.

8. Christophers

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    There are led kits that are around the same price as hid kits, they are 2x brighter.

9. cyeremian

cyeremian Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Wow, it's good to know that it's not just me. I don't have tinted windows and I'm not lowered. My other car is lowered so I wanted to ride at stock height for my daily driver. Currently, I am driving around with my high beams on when there aren't any over head lights, and when I'm going around tight corners that are super dark at night. It's been much better. I think I'm going to try the silver star headlight bulbs. If they don't do much, I'm going to install some driving lights below. Maybe LED. My C didn't come with fog lights so maybe I'll go straight to driving lights.

10. Elbrad

Elbrad Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I replaced the halogens about 3-4 days after I got the car. Silverstar or Phillips...I can't remember, but it was a line from one of them that Lordco just brought in. They were supposed to be nice and bright, and they were...kinda.

A lot of people here have sworn by the H9 to H11 conversion, but I'm quite happy with the results of replacing the bulbs with LEDs. I may have been even happier with HIDs, but I didn't want to bother mounting ballasts. Plug and play was a better option for me at the time.

Either way, so long as you can see, and you're not blinding anyone in the process, go for it!

cyeremian likes this.
  11. djdawn

djdawn Active Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Replaced the oem steering wheel with a Luna piano black wheel. Much nicer feel than my wheelskinz + old one, I especially like the extra wide bits at 10 and 2.

[​IMG]
    Headlight eyeliner fitting, the final VHB stuck on pic looks basically the same. I'm happy with the differentness of the look.

[​IMG]
    Haven't completed this yet, but tapping the Lt Blue ground line that enables the headlights. While I was swapping out the steering wheel and the battery was disconnected, it was a good chance to get at that connector. Finished miniaturizing the external relays and making a led indicator for when the auto headlight function is on, but haven't gotten around to putting it in. Images of that here if curious.
    http://i715.photobucket.com/albums/ww152/djdawn/carupgrades/0070AC07-62DA-4B62-AE5E-ED13B8472083.jpg
    http://i715.photobucket.com/albums/ww152/djdawn/carupgrades/1E6D6B10-3169-4C80-9159-936D7BE12261.jpg
    http://i715.photobucket.com/albums/ww152/djdawn/carupgrades/2E72AC5A-281A-489C-93BA-FA828B441868.jpg
    The mini ckt is me wanting to make the rest of it smaller, but I used this thread as a dominant source for what I needed and for that lt blue gnd line to enable headlight on. Plug N Play Auto Headlights for the Prius C | PriusChat

[​IMG]
    Tried to replace original battery with yellow top optima battery but battery bracket not fitting
    [​IMG]
    After a quick trip to Home Depot, some effort with a vice, pliers, a Dremel, and a drill, one bracket that appears like it'll fit. I considered dremeling off the side of the bracket that was in the way, but I didn't feel like dremeling steel.
    [​IMG]
    Battery held in place with a properly fitting bracket.

[​IMG]
    Original door locks
    [​IMG]
    TRD Door stabilizers installed. For anyone curious, I notice very little difference with them in. Maybe I'd notice if I actually drove my car more aggressively.. however, it's still a Prius. Mostly blingy, luckily I got them 2nd hand.

[​IMG]
    Before Hood Dampers installed
    [​IMG]
    Hood dampers finally installed. I got these some time ago via the trade forums, just got around to putting them in.

[​IMG]
    Bits of the 2015 AC control I had to cut off to be able to fit in my 2014 properly.
    [​IMG]
    Test fitting the sides before installing
    [​IMG]
    New AC control installed
    [​IMG]
    Side shot of mostly flush AC controls. I'm happy with the new dimable screen and matching with the steering wheel pianoness. Credits to TheTimob for being a guinea pig and trying this out first. Original thread here: Climate Control Unit Change - 2013 to 2015 | PriusChat

[​IMG]
    PWM module via eBay to dim red lights
    [​IMG]
    Opposite side of the PWM. Relay that enables the PWM to turn on, turning on the red footwell lights,when the fogs are turned on.
    [​IMG]
    Red footwell lights on minimum at night.
    [​IMG]
    Lights at Optic Blast mode. Now the wife can dig through her purse at night without a need for turning on the dome/map light. It's not pictured, but I put in rear seat dome lights controlled by the switch that's supposed to control the passenger side dome light.

[​IMG]
    Overhead glasses storage to replace handle that never gets used.
    [​IMG]
    Bits i needed to cut off to make it work
    [​IMG]
    Overhead glasses/sunglasses storage closed. Nifty. For those interested, I used a Suzuki glasses holder, part number 78114-85Z00. I got the idea and part number via this thread: Grab Handle Sunglass Holder | PriusChat

TheTimob, AQUA-K and Christophers like this.
  12. Christophers

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    I was looking into eye lids for my c also. My friend in Japan said currently there isn't any for 15-16 models. I'm looking into the trd door stabilizers also. The price tag isn't appealing to me just yet rather invest into a strut bar. Other than that looking good

13. SamanthaC0716

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    You did a lot! Where did you find the eyelids?

iPhone ?

14. djdawn

djdawn Active Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Strangely for me I found mostly the 2015+ models. I almost got the wrong one because the 12-14 ones have a weird reflective bump half way up, I assume for DOT/legality reasons we can't cover that up so I chose to get one that left it exposed. There is one that full on covered it though. From when I looked around, the 2015+ later models are smooth and have options for a more distinct and cooler looking brow. Some are less pronounced. Here's one for example.
    http://item.rakuten.co.jp/carshop-nagano/airain_aqua_b368_color/

Hiya, and thanks! Tbh not entirely sure where I got them, I tend to buy stuff over time and later install in bulk over summer/winter holidays, wife/family obligations permitting. I figure either amazon.co.jp or rakuten.co.jp.
    I didn't get this exact listing, but here's is one example. The prices I ran into at the time ranged from $80-$110 USD. This one seems to be on the mega cheap side.
    https://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/aw/d/B00HFLD4BY

If it helps, here is the search parameter I used to find the eyeliner on Japanese sites. Nhp10 アクア アイライン
    "Nhp10 Aqua Eyeline"

15. cyeremian

cyeremian Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Hey, I would love to know more about the LED bulbs you put in your headlights. I assume they are better than silver starrs or Phillips? Do you still have high beams if you put the LED bulbs in? Can you provide a link so I can possibly order them? I would love brighter head lights.

16. Elbrad

Elbrad Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Yes, they're remarkably brighter than Silverstars and Phillips. The one downside is that they don't have the same throw distance. I'm considering ordering a set of HID's to see if they're better.

Yes, I still have high beams, as there are two different bulb housings for DRL/high beam and for driving lights. I've kept the DRL/high beam as halogen bulbs, as there's no way to dim the LED's for DRL. Otherwise I'd love to get LED high beams.

At this point, I'm not sure I'd recommend LED's for driving lights. Yes, they light up the first 30-40 feet in front of you much better, but after that, there's not much illumination. These are the ones I got, and they're great...but they do have the drawback of not lighting up enough of the road further ahead.

cyeremian likes this.
  17. Veliksam

Veliksam Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Try the innovited 55w 5000k HID available in Amazon, you will be very happy with the throw distance.

I compared the LED kit with this HID kit and the difference was night and day. Brighter and further light output from the HID kit. Imo it's a very good quality hid kit as far as cheap kits go.

This is coming from someone that's used oem Denso ballasts and Toshiba bulbs in past vehicles.

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

Elbrad likes this.
  18. Elbrad

Elbrad Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I did a quick search for this kit before, didn't see anything. I'll look again and give it a go.

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

19. Veliksam

Veliksam Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius c
    Model:
    Two

Innovited AC 55W HID Xenon Conversion Kit With "Slim" ballast - H11 H9 H8 - 5000K - 2 Bulbs & 2 Ballasts

20. Elbrad

Elbrad Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Yikes! $167.99 CND. Big difference between that and the $60 I paid, with shipping!

...but on the US site, they're $40. Crazy.