1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Which larger Prius is most like the c?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by celticmoon, May 29, 2013.

1. usbseawolf2000

usbseawolf2000 HSD PhD

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    The 2012 midcycle refresh in the US has the upgraded MID. It is not as nice as Prius c or v but it is an improvement.

The multi-information display has been improved with a 16 gradation-step Vacuum Fluorescent Display (VFD) which gives a clearer and more three-dimensional display, and driving support functions now include an EV indicator lamp.

Read more: http://priuschat.com/threads/2012-prius-mid-cycle-refresh-official-photos-released.97892/#ixzz2VFtlO3ji

2. R Scneider

R Scneider Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Save yourself some money, The C's/ 4 way flashers work fine to warn drivers of your less oomph merge into the fast lane.

3. celticmoon

celticmoon New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Thank you all for your input. I am pretty sure the c could handle our cargo travel needs. Like most people, we can adapt to traveling with as much stuff as we can fit: lots for car trips, minimal for motorcycle trips. For car trips now, it is just us two and the 'psycho little dogs'. The c would work.

We've been using our 07 Milan premier (responsive v6, great tires, heated seats) for long trips, and I'm not sure which vehicle will be more appealing for a 3 k trip come winter. Looks like the Milan would drink about 40 more gallons gas than the c. Need to consider gas prices, wear & tear, comfort, big vs small car safety, blah blah blah. Loving the c as I do so far, today I'd vote to take the c. If nothing else, we should figure out whether we like the c for long road trips before deciding about tradng the Milan for another hybrid.

We may wait for gen IV. I am just not liking the the look or the feel of gen II or gen III prius liftbacks as much as the c...