1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Whistling noise on drivers side

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Tomek310, Oct 4, 2016.

1. Tomek310

Tomek310 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi guys. Ever since I bought my 06 prius I am hearing an annoying whistling noise on the drivers side while driving. Has anyone else experienced that? If so, has anyone been able to fix that? Any feedback appreciated.

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

2. JC91006

JC91006 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Your door is probably not flushed with the rubber seal.

3. exstudent

exstudent Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    It could be the door seals. But I say it is less likely compared to the outter door mirror seal. Replace the outer door mirror seals first. The part is cheap and the repair is easy. If noise persists, then it may be time to replace door seal.

Read post # 14.
    air leaking from upper side speker next to driver seat | PriusChat

Tomek310 likes this.
  4. Tomek310

Tomek310 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I think you are right about the side mirror. The noise seems to come from the mirror area. I will look into that. Thank you very much!

5. Frontporch

Frontporch Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    For me it was the plastic tape that covers the bolt holes under the mirror. One was half gone and what was left was vibrating making a LOUD whistling noise at 30-40 mph. Noticed it was not the window glass because it got much louder when the window was open. I was going to go to the dealer to see if they had a replacement "cover" but I just tore off the rest of what was left and all is good. No more noise.

Tomek310 likes this.