1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Auto Windows on C3

Discussion in 'Prius c Audio and Electronics' started by docsnavely, Apr 19, 2013.

1. docsnavely

docsnavely Insert Custom Title Here

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    III
    Just wanted to get some opinions about switching out the window switches on the driver door to all auto switches on my C3. I am used to having all auto on my 2010 sedan and miss having them on the C. I live in Florida and frequently ride with the windows down and the sun(moon)roof open. This would be a handy switch out if possible. I don't know if the C4's have this or if I would have to mix and match from another Prius part number or even a Yaris controller. Any advice? Thanks.

2. twblalock

twblalock Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    I'd like to do this too, but I think more than the switches are involved. These threads seem to indicate that for the big Prius, the automatic window functions are computer-controlled:

Cannot reset auto window after battery disconnect | PriusChat
    Driver Window Auto Control | PriusChat
    Disable Automatic Driver's-Side Window? | PriusChat

It was the same for my 2005 Honda Accord. The second stage of the automatic window switch sends some signal to a computer which controls the window up/down timing.

3. lachrisb

lachrisb Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    It can be done it seems, google "automatic power window down and up" the first result I got was from a tundra form with very nice wiring diagrams and the like. I think it would be a lengthy process to do all of the windows. I really do love the functionality of auto windows though, and to think we used to have to crank them up madness I tell you!

4. Atom0023

Atom0023 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Did you ever go through with this project? Would love some information if so?