1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Buyer Beware: PriusOverlanding is a scam

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by 2PriusGarage, Sep 3, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. black_jmyntrn

black_jmyntrn Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    You know, calling a company a scam is not the best course of action. Did you know, the window shades come from out of the country and no other retailer has them in the USA?

This sounds like you re more frustrated you didn't get a response to communications than anything...

The notion that a start-up company can't have a few hurdles to overcome and then folks' first reaction is to call them a scam is obsurd!

Hold on... you reached out to me on here... not I reached out after this post...

Wait... I responded to you on the private chat here and even gave you a link to set a time we can talk on the phone....

This, the energy you have is not good and not the energy one should have, ill take care of it.

#21 black_jmyntrn, Sep 6, 2022
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2022
    TacticalPrius likes this.
  2. black_jmyntrn

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    The thing about the internet is folks can write what they want, whether true or not...

You will get your refund and just hope your energy gets better because all of the other customers who wait for their order do not resort to slander and defamation.

screencapture-priuschat-conversations-slightly-larger-spare-tire-145843-2022-09-06-09_08_30.png

3. black_jmyntrn

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    wait... where do you get this leverage purchases for financing? you've mentioned this before... why do you think this? hahaha, I emptied 401k to do this.

It's not the funding for larger, it's customers who do chargebacks because they didn't receive a rely on to email and they think they arent going to receive product because they read someone online say scam...

I'm working on getting a customer support team onboard this week... and... c4 fabrications, along with other manufacturing companies, if not all companies in this industry state like we do on our site... can take weeks due to the current climate with the economy... like... folks wait months for parts, its the time we are in now...

#23 black_jmyntrn, Sep 6, 2022
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2022
    orenji and 2010moneypit? like this.
  4. black_jmyntrn

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    thank you!!!!

what claims haven't been accomplished? lol nonsense? To date, I've brought more products to the market for the Prius that was never made than anyone... so, please share what was never accomplished!

#24 black_jmyntrn, Sep 6, 2022
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2022
  5. black_jmyntrn

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I never came online with this company stating I was perfect, nothing in this world is. Clearly, there are areas I need to improve in, and that said improvements are being made. I've realized in the day in age we are in, it's easier for folks to be negative and try to tear down a company versus even offering advice on how to improve.

There is no scamming going on, sure, it's taking longer than the expectations folks have to have their order delivered, but that's it.

With this energy I feel resonating from this, I can see why no other company has wanted to touch the Prius market, and it's been stagnant for so many years. I applaud the OP for trying another option for a resolution, just... never mind. It's on me to fix, and his refund will be sent, just wish it didn't come to this... smdh

OP, as I stated in the private chat, regarding the blackout shades, people have waited a lot longer than you have and received them. Those are the one item not manufactured here in the US that takes time before they arrive... If you still want them, like the others they will be shipped soon as they arrive.

6. TacticalPrius

TacticalPrius New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    I’ve gotten springs, a trailer hitch, and skid plate from Priusoverlanding, took me a week to group them together and pull the trigger, for them all within a couple weeks, during Covid too. New KYB shocks from Amazon took a couple weeks to deliver as they were back ordered, and shocks and other parts for my Tundra from shocksurplus took 6-8 months to deliver in past coupes years. It’s the name of the game right now to wait for custom stuff these days.
    I ordered roof rack for my Prius from overlanding site few weeks ago, and I get updates on progress, and I know it’ll be worth the wait. The Prius is practically a daily driver too so even if I get parts delivered today, I need to find a day to even install so I can wait some.

7. black_jmyntrn

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    So, OP... can you send your order number in the private chat we have? I'd like to make sure you are someone who placed an order and has reached out to us. I did a search for a refund on the ticket system and the last ticket to have a "refund" in the message was from three months ago and it was from a customer thanking us for processing their refund.

Any help locating who you are and your order is appreciated, I can see why now you might not have gotten a response and that's because we see no ticket with "refund" in the message within the last three months.

I'm wondering if your order is like a good double handful where the merchant account we used was under review because we exceeded our monthly processing limit and they audited our account. Like the guy who ordered a roof rack, thought the order went through, but it didn't and the whole time he thought he had paid for the item when in fact he did not and that is why his order was delayed.

Not pointing any blame, just trying to get to the bottom of this, in the past, we've experienced people posting about orders and flaming us, then, in reality, we never changed them, and that is why they never received emails from us.

8. rjparker

rjparker Tu Humilde Sirviente

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    When you take money and don't deliver, with no prior agreements and no refunds, it is not a scam. It is a crime. It does not matter if the responsible party is struggling or was unaware his actions were criminal.

Todd Bonzalez and black_jmyntrn like this.
  9. black_jmyntrn

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Not sure why one would think this is the case, we've delivered on all orders not canceled/chargeback or a refund was asked for. These days, depending on the payment method, we actually don't charge until the order is about ready to be shipped.

Also, the agreement of our terms and conditions must be acknowledged prior to the order able to be submitted. Our agreement and terms are clearly agreed to by customers when they place an order. We also have statements in our product descriptions mentioning delays...

I will say, I thank you for your thoughts and they are accurate, just don't apply to a company that sends out products and sends refunds...

10. ASRDogman

ASRDogman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Have you contacted your credit card company yet and have them refund your money?
    By not doing anything, you are supporting his crime.

11. black_jmyntrn

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    umm.. crime? what crime? As of now, we have no record of OP asking for a refund via email and have not confirmed he actually placed an order. If anything, it's folks not asking the OP for proof he even placed an order and those adding fuel to the fire without stopping to ask for proof.... You all immediately believe words from a recently registered account for who you have no past history of reading messages... but... the guy who posts a lot and is trying to take this platform to where it's not been gets the shaft.... hmmm... like... CampingPrius was the only one to say something along the lines of "hey, it may not be what you are making it to be, let me try to see if I can help you"
    the rest of yall... smdh

And no. it's not no one's job here to defend me or any company, but id like to think we owe it to whoever is being thrown under the bus to question the legitimacy of a claim! Not saying OP is wrong, or anything of the sort, just... to agree with and make comments on something you don't have all of the facts about seems absurd!

Plus, I thought I had you blocked, your post replies indicate most of your time is spent online with this forum spewing bdelygmia in all of your posts. I would love to meet you in person one day! I feel it would confirm a lot of my beleifs.

#31 black_jmyntrn, Sep 6, 2022
  12. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    i'm referring to threads that have no completion or updates

prime-awd-conversion-with-135hp-electric-motor.234409

my-2013-pip-with-awd-and-a-rear-electric-motor-more-powerful-than-the-rav4-prime.234408

battery-upgrade-longer-ev-range-in-my-gen-3-2013-prius.234407

#32 bisco, Sep 6, 2022
    Grit likes this.
  13. Noahdoge

Noahdoge Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Trust but verify. I do agree that OP should have posted more proof to this issue. You have to be that customer support role for your company and you can’t just blame it on the fact that you need to hire more people. I checked out both your websites and I really like where you are going. I will give you some advice and that is not to engage in arguments with customers in an online public setting until you have some kind of closure to provide. I know it’s frustrating when a customer puts you on blast and everyone calls you a scam when you know you’re not. Every business owner makes lots of mistakes… it’s how we all learn. You know now what you need to do to ensure this doesn’t happen again. Just be more clear with the time restrictions and monitor all transactions to ensure that everything is getting delivered on time. Check those support tickets daily and make sure those questions are getting answered asap. I’d also update your contact information to include an email or other ways of communicating. Hopefully this issue can be resolved!

14. black_jmyntrn

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Still, in progress... my thoughts on updates were to provide them once available. Once I went down this path, I uncovered other options I didn't think about and encountered hurdles I didn't see coming. Now, I'm trying to find the best path possible to have at least 50kWh battery, over 80 kWh with the new BMW i4 batteries would be ideal at the same time trying to figure out the best path to make my PHV have a CCS1 charge connector so I can charge this larger battery faster than using the level 2 chargers.

So I am being dinged for trying something no one else has and posting about it, then not providing an update because one isn't available? Initially, I thought just swapping in a Prius Prime battery to my car and AWD rear end with a motor is as simple as it sounds... now all the new Toyota hybrid technology coming out, I had to stop and do more research. now... I want the Crown drivetrain in my car, so yes... it's taking longer than I wanted, and clearly you... patience is a virtue and my goal of a viral video of a Prius beating a tesla at a red light will come to fruition!

2010moneypit? likes this.
  15. black_jmyntrn

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Well, I'd like to think the blame is all on me, no one else... I only planned to have a site that retails parts shipped from a fulfillment center on time... didn't plan for the customer service part of it which I am horrible at!

I truly thank you for your words and like with other constructive criticism I've received, am actively making strides to improve, just taking longer than needed to have the gears greased up.

Now maybe you are on to something and I'd like to make sure we are in sync. Did my words on previous posts come across in an argumentative way? If so, I need to be sure to do something about that! Folks who met me in person and know what I'm about can feel my energy through my words, I've noticed some do not feel the same energy, I've looked to try and show the positive caring person that I am who only started all of this because I wanted parts made for my Prius then others asked how can they get the custom stuff I had made, then here we are!

And yes, I got bit in the butt pretty hard a few months ago after the fulfillment company I chose to work with against my better judgment wasn't holding up their end of our agreement... to ship same-day orders that come in before noon. Next thing you know, we got hit with way more orders than we'd planned and its been a snowball of gotchas trying to get back into smooth waters. heh.. so now, all the time spent on this has taken away from where attention should be and I'm not positive OP even placed an order. Not to take anything away from their claim which I want to be resolved, just... this isn't the first time a post has been made and the OP turns out never placed an order...

here is some good reading...

One of my manufacturers told me, he wouldn't put it past my competitor to have started to spread false narrative... and each day that goes on, that picture gets clearer and clearer...

#35 black_jmyntrn, Sep 6, 2022
    Noahdoge likes this.
  16. Noahdoge

Noahdoge Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Not so much like you’re being argumentative but more getting into a back and forth kind of conversation never really fairs the business owner well. Common people reading may read that as you wanting to combat instead of resolve. You need to stand up when people are saying things against you, but make sure to take all due diligence ensuring that the OP’s statements are either not accurate or misleading. Like if the customer states you scammed them but you have proof that the order was created but the CC was never charged. You can still defend your company but I’d make a statement first like
    “Sorry for the miscommunication and waiting so long for the order to be fulfilled. It shows on my end we did not process your card. Please email me at said address so I can resolve this asap with you.” Then after you resolved said issue, come back to the forum and update everyone that the customer was taken care of, product was shipped or payment was refunded.

black_jmyntrn likes this.
  17. black_jmyntrn

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Roger that Ghostrider! Message received!

Well, can only hope, that the common person that has read this far into this thread has an honest warm, and fuzzy feeling about PriusOverlanding.com. I've focused less on the resolution of particular issues in the past and mainly worked to ensure it doesn't happen again to then have the non-resolved bite hard and it's like when the stray animal you brought home bites you... you are like "whoa there, I swear I'm not trying to cause you any harm, just let me feed you and give you love to nurse you back"

Just think, we have shipped hundreds of orders, some of which people waited over 8 months for a set of sun shades with little to no communication. Sure they arent the post a positive review person. Then you have others who rightfully so share their opinion and are vocal about the negative of their experience. Finding balance through the things I've learned is the peace I seek. heh...

18. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    When people behave this way it almost always means they're pretty much broke and don't have the money to refund you with and don't know how to brake the news to you... Best I can tell from social media that the dude it pretty much homeless and works on his cars in parking garages and rented storage spaces. Sure hope he figures out to create a more stable life with back up funds so his obvious skills can have a stable foundation to thrive on.

19. 2PriusGarage

2PriusGarage New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    This is exactly what I am talking about. If you somehow think it is ok to make people wait 8 months without communication after taking their money, you are in violation of FTC guidelines. Disclose it at the time of purchase and maybe it's acceptable to some who know what they are getting into. Anyone else care to share their opinion?

My advice: if you spent 1/10 as much time making an effort to provide customer service as you do riling on this community forum, maybe this post could have been avoided completely(?). Instead, I still have no response to my "ticket" and no refund.

V Sport Wagon and Grit like this.
  20. 2PriusGarage

2PriusGarage New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Exactly - this is a scam. To others: please do not make the same mistake.

V Sport Wagon and Grit like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.