Do you need underbody rust protection on new Prime?

Discussion in 'Prime Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Salamander_King, Nov 7, 2017.

1. m8547

m8547 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Sell it on Craigslist?

Salamander_King likes this.
  2. Salamander_King

Salamander_King Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius Prime
    Model:
    LE
    Yeah, I've been thinking of getting rid of those hazardous materials for sometime now. I have a case each of Toyota OEM and Honda OEM transmission fluids, a bunch of old motor oils that I can no longer use on the hybrid, a few bottles of coolant, cans of paint thinner, many cans of oil based paints and stains, and other various chemicals I no longer use or no longer usable. Most of them are old and in open container that no one wants, but I can't just throw away in trash. I seem to always miss annual municipal hazardous waste drop off opportunity. But some of them are still in unopened bottles that someone can use. I would be glad to just give them away.

3. m8547

m8547 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    The motor oils and transmission fluids can go in oil recycling. Any store that sells oil is supposed to accept used oil. Auto parts stores seem to just have a tank in that back that they let you dump it in. Recycling new oil is a bit of a waste, but that's what the hazardous waste collection will do with it anyway.

My town has a hazardous waste recycling center that's open 4 days a week. They take almost anything. The best part is they have shelves full of free stuff like paint and cleaning supplies that you can take. I don't know what they do with everything they can't give away (besides oil which they send for recycling).

Salamander_King likes this.