1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Error codes

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by Paul Ping, Apr 23, 2023.

Tags:
  1. Paul Ping

Paul Ping New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I have a 2005 Prius with 510,000 and need to find intelligent tester to plug into the DCL3 .

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    mini vci and tech stream is the gold standard

3. Elektroingenieur

Elektroingenieur Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    It’s DLC 3 (Data Link Connector 3), and while an Intelligent Tester (in the U.S., Diagnostic Tester) would work, if you could find one with the correct accessories and software, it’s long obsolete. The current Toyota diagnostic system for MY 2005 vehicles is Toyota Techstream software, available from $70 with a Professional Diagnostic subscription to Toyota TIS, plus a suitable vehicle interface module. If you just need to read diagnostic trouble codes, there are also many available third-party tools.
    The Mini-VCI vehicle interface (from XHorse, which was driven out of the market by counterfeiting) wasn’t, as far as I know, ever officially supported by Toyota. In the U.S. today, Toyota recommends the Mongoose-Plus MFC3 interface, but there are many alternatives. I have the older MongoosePro MFC2.

4. novak068

novak068 New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    What about Autel MaxiCOM? I used it some years ago