1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

European version gets extended spoiler/wing??

Discussion in 'Prius c Main Forum' started by koipond, Dec 4, 2012.

1. koipond

koipond Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Hi all,

on this site: Toyota Prius C picture # 36 of 80, Side, MY 2012, 800x600

I see a photo of a prius c with an extended spoiler/wing.
    [​IMG]

In some of the photos it looks like a bit of a wing in that you can see light coming through what presumably is a space for airflow to be directed below as well as above.

[​IMG]

In addition, some photos of this car appear that it has slightly tinted front headlamp covers (but that may be just an illusion, though headlamp covers are mentioned in the accessories in the pdf brochure). The larger spoiler is also mentioned here in the brochure for the "ci-Tech" model (in Europe, it appears there's merely a standard C this higher-end model to choose from, and the ci-Tech version gets a larger spoiler):

http://www.toyota.com.au/static/vehicles/prius-c/content/pdf/prius-c_ebrochure.pdf

I love the look of this extended spoiler. Anyone know anything about this? maybe a "sports" package that has yet to arrive in the states? Anyone have a clue if it could be purchased separately and installed on a US model to replace the shorter US spoiler??

I also want those LED headlamps (also on the ci-Tech version) and headlamp covers!

-Dave

2. koipond

koipond Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
  3. Mr Gee

Mr Gee Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    N/A
    The pictures are from the Australian Prius C. There's no Prius C in Europe. They get the Yaris Hybrid over there

4. Rob.au

Rob.au Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    i-Tech
    Both the blue photos are taken in Sydney, Australia and feature an Australian Prius c, i-tech trim.

There is no headlight tinting. The i-tech model features LED headlights which when off, sometimes viewed from certain specific angles do have small flicks of colour effects. The headlight cover accessory is clear. As has been said, there is no Prius c in Europe - they have a Yaris hybrid. You're looking at the Australian c - which comes in a base model and i-tech trim and yes, they are both higher level trims when compared to the US models.

As far as I know, the i-tech spoiler is identical to the Aqua TRD spoiler.

I started a thread that contains both photos and some notes on features present and missing on the Australian models here:

Some Australian c photos | PriusChat

5. koipond

koipond Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    ok, Australia... thanks :)

So.... any chance the LED lamps and/or spoiler could be imported to the states?