1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Flasher Relay Location

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by fobby, Apr 16, 2018.

1. fobby

fobby New Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Searching the forums, I see people talk about needing to replace the flasher relay with an LED compatible one in order to avoid hyper-blinking. This seems to mean that it is removable, however no one ever mentions where it is located. I don't want to pay the $15 needed to access the repair manual in hopes of getting this one question answered. So if someone has information on where the flasher relay is located it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

2. bobthejedi

bobthejedi Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three
  3. fobby

fobby New Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Right, the relay for the turn signals. Granted, this is a gen 3 post, but I just want to know if such a thing like this exists in the gen 4 models and where it would be.

LED Turn Signal Relay/Flasher

I do know the Prius v doesn't have a replaceable one. Is it the same situation for the regular Prius?
    Where is the flasher relay?

#3 fobby, Apr 17, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2018
  4. Elektroingenieur

Elektroingenieur Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    On the fourth-generation Prius, the turn signal flasher circuit is part of the meter circuit plate in the combination meter assembly. I don’t know if the circuit uses a relay—the Repair Manual and Electrical Wiring Diagram don’t say—but if so, it’s probably soldered to the board. It’s definitely not sold separately as a service part.

I also don’t know whether the flasher circuit needs a minimum current draw to flash at the correct rate, but at least one person found that the LED modules sold in the PriusChat Shop didn’t work:

Anyone changed the front and rear turn signal to LED? | PriusChat