1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Has anyone installed a Ultra Gage on a 2012 Prius C?

Discussion in 'Prius c Accessories and Modifications' started by Phil 29 Palms CA, Nov 5, 2012.

1. Phil 29 Palms CA

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    If you have installed an Ultra Gage on a Prius C, please provide details on how to install it. Where is the input plug location? How do you mount the gage on the dash or instrument panel? What useful information have you received using the Ulra Gage. Was it worth the time, money and effort?

2. Rob.au

Rob.au Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    i-Tech
  3. syscon

syscon Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Here is a picture of my Ultra Gauge on V:
    Mileage declining ... must be winter? | PriusChat

They provide a useless Velcro (need bigger one) and stick it above the steering wheel.
    The most useful gauges are Engine temp., battery voltage and RPM all others are just waist of space (there are a log of gauge readings to select from but maybe I don't understand them).
    I would like to see oil and trany temp gauge as well but they are not available/accessible.

I find coolant temp gauge useful in winter time as I'm blocking both grill and monitor the temp.

It would be very useful if those gauges would be able to display main battery Voltage or percentage instead of that Toyota USELESS battery graph.

4. WD0AFQ

WD0AFQ Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I installed the Ultra Gauge shortly after buying the car. For 60 bux, it is great. Have it velcroed right in front of the steering wheel, on the dash. Makes it easy to see. It plugs into the ob 2 hole. I wish it showed the SOC but it dosent. I also have the ScanGauge. By far, I like it better but for the price, UG is my pick. It will display most everything you need. I use it for instant mpg mainly. I do have it programmed for outside temp, engine temp, mph, and something else. Its raining so I am not going to look. It has several programmable screens that you can switch to in a moment so you can monitor various things on different pages. Oh, I have gallons used. I do like that one.
    My ScanGauge is an older version that wont show SOC. It is going to be for sale, I think.
    Dan

5. vincent1449p

vincent1449p Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Hi Dan,

Mine is also the older ver. 3.17 and it can show SOC, pls check out this thread (row 164).

Vincent

6. WD0AFQ

WD0AFQ Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Vincent, I am not having any luck getting past row 20, on that link. My scangauge does not show SOC. I cant recall the version but I bought it back in 08. Just got it back from factory for some repairs but still same old version, no update. Manual says Vesrsion 4.2 but that may not be the gauge software. Will try to plug it in soon and see what it is. I sure would like to see my SOC and if I can get this scangauge to read that it will go back in the car and the ultragauge will come out. Don't forget me Vincent.
    Dan

7. vincent1449p

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    It could be your browser settings, possibly cookies were block. Nonetheless, you should still be able to click File -> Download as -> your choice of file format and view it offline.

Vincent

8. WD0AFQ

WD0AFQ Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Got it to work by changing it to US from Metric. Still not sure what to do with the information. I have not found Soc on my ScanGauge.

Dan

9. vincent1449p

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    The Soc need to be entered into the Xgauge (aka Add-A-Gauge) for it to function. If you don't know about Xgauge, here is a link from navguy12 scangauge x-gauge.

Vincent

10. WD0AFQ

WD0AFQ Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Awesome. Thanks.
    Dan