1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius Spare Tire Kit

Discussion in 'Prime Main Forum (2017-2022)' started by schja01, Aug 6, 2018.

1. schja01

schja01 One of very few in Chicagoland

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I'm really not comfortable not having a spare tire.
    What are the odds this would be compatible with a Prius Prime?
    See attached.
    J

Attached Files:

mquiniones27 and Mendel Leisk like this.
  2. Salamander_King

Salamander_King Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    There are numerous threads already on this exact topic, and my general understanding is that while compact spare tire for Gen4 Prius (and probably Gen3 as well ) are compatible with PRIME, storage of the spare tire underdeck of PRIME is not possible due to hybrid battery placement. I have a full size spare with steel rim, but without much space to store it, I have not been carrying it in the car. Most of my driving is within 30 miles of home, so if I ever need to change to spare, I just need to call home to have it brought the spare to the site. For a longer trip, is another story, and I have not come up with a good solution without sacrificing already limited cargo spaces in PRIME.

see also:
    Donut Spare for 2017 Prius Prime? | PriusChat
    How to find and purchase a spare tire for a Prius Prime 2017/2018 | PriusChat

3. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    That's a good find. Unfortunately though: the kit wouldn't really work with a Prius Prime, with it's raised hatch deck and larger hybrid battery. It looks to be designed for regular fourth gen prius that came without spare.

I'd suspect it's 2018 Prius compatible as well, just that it was written in 2017.