1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Install new TPMS sensors via Techstream

Discussion in 'Prime Technical Discussion' started by alinica2001, Oct 25, 2020.

1. alinica2001

alinica2001 Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Hello,

I have a second set of tires and I've bought a set of TPMS sensors for around 40$. Now, I've tried to replace the existing set of sensors via Techstream with my new set of sensors.
    The problem is that after I'm entering the last sensor, I'm getting an error message ( see attached ).
    The same issue is happening on a C-HR.
    Any idea what's going on and why I'm getting this "communication error " ?

Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. Salamander_King

Salamander_King Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I have never used TechStream. Is your legit copy or one of those cheap pirated copy? Since it is not working on your C-HR as well, I think the problem is on the TechStream rather than on the car or TPMS sensors. Have you ever used this copy of TechStream successfully to change TPMS IDs?

Tangent to your question, IIRC, the European version of Prius PHV (Prime in NA) has 8 slots to register TPMS sensors IDs. Thus, once two sets of TPMS sensor IDs are registered, it can be swapped with a combination of a few push of buttons. I forgot what the switch combination was, but if I find the thread, I will post the link here.

EDIT: I found the threads on Europian models of Gen4 and Prius PHV TPMS sensor having 8 ID slots:
    Snow Tires, Rims & TPMS Question | PriusChat
    How To Register TPMS IDs | PriusChat
    also refer to:Registering TPMS IDs | Page 5 | PriusChat

#2 Salamander_King, Oct 25, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2020
  3. powercat

powercat Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XLE
    Alinica-when i programmed some autel cloneable sensors i ad to use hexadecimal equivelent number to get it to work even though when reading original sensors the values wete reported in decimal by autel 401 tool.Also autel tool would not read sensor id unless i told it an older car year id;2018 instead of actual year of car which is 2020 prime.